Get a CLAMS library card?
Your library card gives you access to all the resources the West Falmouth Library has to offer. Individuals who visit our Library are able to get a CLAMS library card that will enable them to borrow materials from any CLAMS member library, which includes most libraries on the Cape and Islands except for Sandwich Public Library, which is a member of the Old Colony Library Network.
You may either apply online for a temporary card through the CLAMS site or in person at the Library. When you come to the Library you will need to show a picture ID and fill out a registration form. You may print this registration form at home, complete the information and bring it to the Library. Children must be age 5 to get a library card. A parent or guardian will need to be present and sign the application form before the card can be used.
If you apply for a card online through the CLAMS website, you will need to come into the West Falmouth Library with a picture ID and fill out our registration form within 30 days in order to receive your new card.
Go to my CLAMS account?
Click the My CLAMS Account button located in the right sidebar of any page.
Log in to my CLAMS account?
You must provide your Library Card Bar Code Number and your PIN. Patrons are now able to create a username in place of your bar code number. All patrons should find this new feature helpful. The Username should contain between 6 and 25 alphanumeric characters. Special characters are invalid. Usernames are not case-sensitive.
Create a Username in My Account?
- Initially log in with your library card barcode and PIN.
- Go to Modify Personal Information.
- Enter a username of your choice. Please note: The Username should contain between 6 and 25 alphanumeric characters. Special characters are invalid. Usernames are not case-sensitive.
- The next time you want to log in, enter your personally selected username along with your PIN. If you forget your username, you can still log in with your library barcode. Once in My Account, you can go back to Modify Personal Information to view and/or change your username.
Please note: At this time, your barcode is required to use the Virtual Catalog and CLAMS Digital Download service.
Renew a Title?
Most items can be renewed 2 times if no one is waiting for them. The renewal period is the same length as the original loan period. Material may be renewed in person, by phone or online using the CLAMS My Account feature. Note: Interlibrary Loans and Virtual Catalog items may not be renewed. Digitally downloaded items automatically cease working when the loan period is up – there is no renewal save for re-downloading the title if it is available.
Reserve/place a hold on library materials?
When you place a request for a book, audio book, DVD, e-book or other library material, your name is placed on a list. If there are other patrons waiting for the same title, you may have to wait several days and, in cases of highly popular items, up to weeks for a copy to become available. You can request that the item be sent to a CLAMS library of your choice for pick-up. When the item becomes available, you will be contacted by phone or email. You will have 7 days to pick up your item.
You may reserve materials in several ways:
- by using the online catalog computer in the Library
- by asking a staff member to request it for you
- by accessing the CLAMS catalog from a personal computer
- by calling on the phone (please have your library card available)
Please note: Requests cannot be placed on the following items:
- Non-circulating materials
- Materials marked “Lib Use Only” at other libraries
Request Library Materials Online using the CLAMS Catalog?
- Search the CLAMS catalog for the item you are interested in.
- Click on “Request Title” located to the right of the title on the item description page.
- In “My Account” enter your barcode (from the back of your CLAMS card) in the first box. Do not enter any spaces.
- Enter your PIN in the second box. This is a 4-digit number, which you can sign up for at the Library.
- Click LOG IN.
- On the next screen choose your pickup location.
- Click SUBMIT TITLE to enter your reserve and complete your transaction.
Please note: sometimes you may be prompted to click on a submit button twice.
Order a title not available in CLAMS?
If a particular item you seek cannot be found at any of the CLAMS libraries on Cape Cod, click on the icon on the CLAMS home page Virtual Catalog to search for the item statewide.Requests can be placed from home or you can ask a library staff member to place the request. Most Virtual Catalog requests are able to be accommodated but not all, based on the loaning library’s policies.
Inter-library loans (ILL) offers further searches for items from outside of the Massachusetts library systems and can be requested through your CLAMS library of choice.
Please note: postage may be required on some of the ILL items.